Herpetological Research and Education Links
- American Society of Ichthyologists and Herpetologists – Dedicated to the scientific study of fishes, amphibians and reptiles.
- Amphibian Research and Monitoring Initiative - Provide information to natural resource managers on the status and trends of amphibians; relate status and trends to management options at the scale of management units; identify causes of declines; provide essential scientific information to support effective management actions to arrest or reverse declines.
- Asian Herpetological Research - An open access journal based in Chengdu, China (Chengdu Institute of Biology) and provides a forum for the dissemination of scientific studies covering various aspects of the biology of Asian herpetofauna.
- California Academy of Sciences Department of Herpetology - The Department has produced well over 100 scientific papers, and authored or contributed to the publication of at least 11 books.
- Herpetological Conservation and Biology – An open-access international journal that publishes original peer-reviewed research, reviews, and perspectives on the ecology, natural history, management, and conservation biology of amphibians and reptiles.
- Herpetological Education and Research Project - (H.E.R.P.) A project by the North American Field Herping Association (NAFHA) to bring together amateurs and professionals to collect data on North America’s herpetofauna.
- Herpetology Laboratory’ Bangladesh – Our goal is to save the amphibians and reptiles from extinction through in-field scientific studies and through the awareness program and conserve the breeding habitats.
- iFrog – Frog and toad education.
- Marshall University Herpetology - Friends, colleagues and students of the herpetology lab at Marhsall University.
- Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County – Section of Herpetology - The Museum’s collection of amphibians and reptiles contains approximately 183,000 catalogued specimens from around the globe.
Northeast Amphibian Research and Monitoring Initiative - Information from surveys in the Northeast will be used to determine the proportion of surveyed areas that are occupied by various species of amphibians and to estimate amphibian population sizes and trends over space and time.
- REPTILICIOUS Webzine – News about reptiles and amphibians, offered by REPTILICIOUS in cooperation with various conservation organizations and herpetologists.
- Society for Research on Amphibians and Reptiles of New Zealand - (SRARNZ) The objectives of the Society are to promote the scientific study of all aspects of the biology of the amphibians and reptiles of the New Zealand region and to promote the conservation of the region’s indigenous herpetofauna.
- Society for the Study of Amphibians and Reptiles - A not-for-profit organization established to advance research, conservation, and education concerning amphibians and reptiles.
- Southwestern Center for Herpetological Research - Advancing knowledge and understanding of the herpetofauna of the American Southwest.
- Towson University Herpetology - Studying the ecology, conservation, and behavior of reptiles and amphibians.
- World Congress of Herpetology - Promote herpetological research, education and conservation, by facilitating communication between individuals, societies and other organizations engaged in the study of amphibians and reptiles.