Herpetological Communities Links
- Association of South Eastern Field Herpetologists – A website designed for amateur as well as professional herpetologists to post finds from the field and enter the data in the online database along with image vouchers.
- Caudata.org – The longest running Amphibian Community on the Internet.
- Dart Den – a friendly, diverse, online community dedicated to the Dendrobatidae Family of Tropical Central and South American Frogs, also known as Poison Dart Frogs.
- Field Herp Forum - The worldwide community of field herpers.
- Herp Nation Media - To serve the herpetological community, promote education, and to promote the global conservation of all reptiles and amphibians.
- Herpin’ Time – A radio talk show dedicated to reptiles and amphibians both in captivity and in the wild.
- Herptofauna – The new forum for all countries to come and share their passion with all reptile-related topics and discussions.
- Kingsnake.com – Information portal for reptile and amphibian hobbyists offering classifieds, forums, photo galleries, events, business listings and much more for various species.
- South Texas Reptiles – If you feel you have something to offer the reptile community or just want to hang out and meet other reptile enthusiasts, ask questions, or show off what you’ve got, this is the place for you!
- Tortoise Forum – An online community of tortoise experts, tortoise care, tortoise photos, reptile classifieds.
Herpetological Societies Links
- Alaska Herpetological Society – To promote sound research and management of amphibians and reptiles in the North and to provide opportunities in outreach, education, and citizen science for individuals who are interested in these species.
- Arizona Herpetological Association – A non-profit organization dedicated to the conservation, study, and understanding of reptiles and amphibians.
- Phoenix Herpetological Society - A non-profit organization dedicated to educating, rehabilitating and preserving native and non-native reptiles in Arizona.
- Tucson Herpetological Society - Dedicated to conservation, education, and research concerning the amphibians and reptiles of Arizona and Mexico.
- Arkansas Herpetological Society – Focuses on the appreciation, research, and education of native species.
- Central Arkansas Herpetological Society - Focused on the captive care and breeding of herps, especially exotics.
- North Bay Herpetological Society – Provides educational outreach, with programs and exhibits for schools, nature centers, and related animal, humane, and environmental education events and organizations.
- Northern California Herpetological Society - A non-profit organization devoted to serving a variety of constituents: those interested in conservation of native reptile and amphibian species; those wishing to buy and sell captive-bred specimens; and those who want to enhance their general knowledge of and acquaintance with herpetoculture.
- San Diego Herpetological Society - A non-profit organization dedicated to reptile and amphibian education, outreach and rescue.
- Colorado Herpetological Society - Formed in 1972 to promote knowledge in the fields of both herpetology and herpetoculture, and to encourage the conservation and appreciation of all reptiles and amphibians in general.
- Jacksonville Herpetological Society - Serving the Herp Community since 1987.
- Sandalwood Herpetology Club – Dedicated to the education in reptile and amphibian topics, as well as environmental issues that affect all of us.
- South Florida Herpetological Society - A non-profit organization dedicated to promoting the conservation, education and understanding of reptiles and amphibians.
- Suncoast Herpetological Society – To educate people on reptiles, amphibians, and all that goes along with them – including changes in laws that affect them.
- Michigan Society of Herpetologists - Dedicated to the education of the public on Reptiles and Amphibians, the Michigan Society of Herpetologists is your link for all Reptile and Amphibian related information for the state of Michigan.
- Truman State University Herpetology Club - The purpose of this organization is to broaden and expand your knowledge of reptiles and amphibians, develop a true appreciation for their biological importance, and learn skills for reptile and amphibian care in both their natural environment and in captivity.
- Reno Herpetological Society - Dedicated to educate the general public about the proper care, maintenance, and breeding of reptiles and amphibians who are frequently misunderstood.
- North Carolina State University Herpetology Club - Amateur herpetologists involved in research, fellowship and education.
- Lancaster Herpetological Society - Aims to educate people in conservation and care of reptiles and amphibians, through speakers and special events. We are committed to dispelling myths and untruths about our less fuzzy friends.
- Sioux Falls Herpetological Society - To connect with others interested in reptiles and amphibians, educate the public about them, and work towards conservation together.
- Tennessee Herpetological Society - The Tennessee Herpetological Society (THS) is a not for profit organization dedicated to promoting the study and conservation of reptiles and amphibians worldwide, but particularly within Tennessee.
- Austin Herpetological Society - Comprised of amateur and professional herpetologists for the purpose of enhancing experiences with reptiles and amphibians through education and conservation.
- East Texas Herpetological Society – Dedicated to the education of its members and the general public about the natural history, ecology, husbandry, conservation, proper care and treatment of reptiles and amphibians.
- South Texas Herpetology Association - To promote conservation of wildlife in general and of reptiles and amphibians in the state of Texas in particular.
- Virginia Herpetological Society - Encouraging scientific study of Virginia herpetofauna and its conservation.
- Pacific Northwest Herpetological Society - Seattle’s premiere club for reptile owners and enthusiasts.
- Madison Area Herpetological Society – Educates enthusiasts and the general public about frequently misunderstood reptiles and amphibians. A great source for people to exchange knowledge, from amateur hobbyist to experts.
- The Australian Herpetological Society - To promote the study and keeping of Herpetofauna in Australia.
- Wirral Herpetological Society - To encourage the conservation of all aspects of wildlife, particularly towards reptiles and amphibians.
- The Herpetological Society of Ireland – To advance, and promote, awareness and understanding of herpetofauna (e.g. Reptiles & Amphibians), the conservation of native & exotic herpetofauna, and Herpetoculture through education, learning, and research.
- Smålands Herpetologiska Förening - Vassmolösa, Sweden Herpetological Society.